Kenmore Water Softener brine tank is filling up with too much water

D-man

Model Number: 625383500
Brand: Sears Kenmore

Not sure where to post this question since there is not a place for water softeners. My brine tank is filling up with too much water and overflowing each time regeneration takes place. I have watched every video I can find to fix this problem. The Venturi is clean and sucking water out of the tank...I pulled the main drain hose during the brine cycle and water was flowing out correctly. However; not enough water is sucked out each time so it keeps overflowing. I checked for a salt bridge, simply removed all salt, and started the over as if new. I have cleaned the float assembly too many times to count. Basically, it is filling up more than it is draining out each time. Any ideas as I have only had this one 2 years?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I don't know too much about water softeners even though I own one, I have never experienced this problem you are having before. I always just clean out my venturi per maintenance steps a couple times a year. And also pour a bottle of Whirlpool Water Softener Cleanser in the brine tank 3 times a year, in fact I just did that a couple days ago in my Whirlpool Water Softener.

You can get Whirlpool Water Softener Cleanser bottles(16oz.) at Lowe's.

This video maybe helpful for the problem you are having:

Jake