• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore (WLP) 110 model prefix, No Heat. Funny back story.

Ponchoguy

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Jake:

Here's a witty one for you. Uncle's family has one of these, circa 2007, Whirlpool Series 60 "110" prefix gas dryer. Typical unit. No heat. Ok, been through this before, Now mind you, the machine was partially apart when I got there. I diagnose it, find a blown thermal fuse. Fine, I have them "in stock" at home in my garage, part #WP3392519. Typical problem. Clean out the duct, sure, there's some stuff in there.

Put everything back together, still no heat. Hmm, what's going on here? Checking this, checking that, have it apart, in the process, one of the tabs off of the thermostat breaks when pulling off the terminal. Still no biggie, went online, had one in two days time. As I'm checking it, my cousin and her husband come downstairs. I explain the problem, now we're into the machine checking for over an hour and the husband says, "Oh yea, I turned off the gas supply valve before I started taking it apart". LOL!!!!

Thermostat arrived yesterday, husband buttoned it back up and sure enough with the GAS ON, it now works great!

Moral of the story? Always check the basics and don't assume anything especially when you come to a machine that's half apart. The husband is a good guy, and helped me put in my dishwasher, so I said jokingly, "If we weren't related, I'd kick your ass right about now. LOL". Pretty hard though, I'm 5'9", he's 6'8". LOL!!!

Happy Thanksgiving and hope you enjoyed the funny at my expense.

Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thermostat arrived yesterday, husband buttoned it back up and sure enough with the GAS ON, it now works great!
LOL, yes I've done that a couple times in my 32 years as a career appliance tech.

Thanks for sharing that, Happy thanksgiving!

Jake