KERS303BWH1 Stove not pre heating

David J. Thompson

Premium Member
Model
KERS303BWH1
Brand
KitchenAid
my 5 year old Kitchenaid Range will not pre heat properly, it heats up to only about 260 Degree in 1/2 Hr. instead of the set 350 Degree Temp. I have performed a " Hard Reboot" with no results. Called Customer Support for some Tech. Advise, the Agent told me to best buy a new Stove. This Stove will pre heat correctly in the Convection Cycle to 350 Degree, but not in the regular Bake Cycle. All other features on this Appliance work fine. Any Advise will be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi David,

KERS303B is just a partial model number, we would need the complete model number.

Here's the results I get:

KERS303BBL0
KERS303BBL1
KERS303BSS0
KERS303BSS1
KERS303BWH0
KERS303BWH1

So when its preheating the display only reads 260 degrees and stops there? Or do you have a oven thermometer inside the oven telling you this?

It might be best to purchase your own Digital Multimeter. They are not that expensive and come in handy for a lot more than just appliance repair.

This one is less than $20 and will also measure oven and refrigerator/freezer temperatures:
Digital Multimeter DM10T

When did this problem start happening?

Jake

David J. Thompson

Premium Member
thank you, Jake. Model is KERS303BWH1. I do have a digital Multimeter without the Temperature Probe, also a Laser Temp probe which is very accurate currently testing the pre heat temperature and will respond later.

just finished retesting the pre heat temp. on the Bake cycle, after 25 minutes the temp on the stove showed 265 F., inside with the Oven Thermometer it read 245F, a check with the Laser Probe read 248F.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Wait David,

I just noticed your bake element is hidden, and on those hidden ones those can wear out much more quickly than non-hidden ones.

So first Unplug the range from the wall, then remove the bottom access panel in your oven and see if you notice if your bake element is broken or cracked. If you don't notice it cracked or broken, then ohm test it with a multimeter.

Here's the bake element for your model:
Bake Element W10779716

When you click the part link to your bake element you will see a video on how to access it.

Here's the ohm testing video: Bake/Broil Element Ohm Testing Video

Jake