KESC307HBL8 Superba Range error code F2E3

maenidmom

Premium Member
Model
KESC307HBL8
Brand
KitchenAid
I've been searching all over this forum and via Google, Youtube, and even Kitchenaid's own website and still have my question: Is it time to get a new range?

My Superba range is 16 years old. Over the past several years the oven would turn itself off, typically while in the midst of a long, holiday roasting (think prime rib, turkey...). The codes at the time were F2E1. My solutions were either to finish dinner in the BarBQue or I hit the outside breaker fuses off for a few minutes and tried again. In the past six months it has just gotten worse. The oven turns off about 5-20 minutes into the bake time and occasionally the code is F2E3. I turn the range breaker off for a few minutes (once as long as 15 minutes) and then have variable success (or not) getting it to go back on. Just now I heated it up (using convection) and it got hot, and about 10 minutes after food went in, it went off. I just checked code and it is now F1E3. So I think the error codes are having their fun with me. And then there are the random beeps, for long after oven shuts off.

I am NOT a DIYer. But before I call a repairperson to come out for $150 to tell me to buy a new range, I thought I'd ask here. I did look up new control pads and they are no longer made. I found a couple on ebay in the $125-150 range but that seems risky. I found the manual posted on this site (thank you) and there is an error code guide at 6-1. The solution to error code F2E3 is "Press cancel. Wait 2 sec. between each key entry. If reappears replace keypad switch assy." What is an assy?

Does this sound like an electrical tidying up or a control pad problem? BTW, I did call Kitchenaid but they said they don't provide technical help. Thank you for any guidance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Thanks bigbuck for posting the tech. data sheet!

Yes maenidmom, those error codes relate to the glass keypad assembly.

Here's the parts diagram for your model: Parts for KitchenAid KESC307HBL8: Control Panel Parts

As you can see the Glass Keypad(Console) is No Longer Available.

Yes, it would be best to buy a new range, the average life is only 8-12 years now, and at 15 years had a good life.

We recommend Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Amana.

Jake

maenidmom

Premium Member
Jake,
Thanks for the timely reply. That saddens me that ranges have a shorter life these days. I have a dryer that came with my house and it is still humming along after 20 years, and same with the dishwasher. I was hoping to get a good 20 from this range. I so hate contributing to the landfill but I don't know how long I can go without an oven:/ Especially a convection oven...