• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Keypad control lights do not come on, beeps

SanDiegoSeth

Premium Member
Model Number
ZBD6920P10SS
Brand
GE
Replaced faulty GE control board (GE part number WD21X10365) with new one. When I plug dishwasher in to power, the new control board emits a constant beep. Keypad control lights do not come on and button pad does not respond. I figured that I got a bad replacement control board, so I returned it and got another one. Have same problem - I connect control board, plug in dishwashwer to power, and the control board emits a constant beep. Please advise.

SanDiegoSeth

Premium Member
How to determine if GE control board is defective

Does anyone know if there is a way to electronically test (e.g. using ohm meter) whether a GE control board is defective? I have purchased two new GE control boards (GE part number WD21X10365) for my GE dishwasher (ZBD6920P10SS), and as soon as I connect the power cable to either of them they emit a continuous beep. It does not matter whether any of the other cables are hooked up to the control board or not, but the moment I connect the power cable to the board the continuous beep sounds. Is it possible I have two (supposedly new) control boards and both of them are bad? Any ideas on what could be happening? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated !!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No way to test those control boards that I'm aware of, did you locate your tech data sheet? If there's a way to test the control board it will be in the tech data sheet.

Did you buy the boards through 1 or our 2 part suppliers here: Appliance Parts | ApplianceBlog

Jake

SanDiegoSeth

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Thanks for your reply. The control boards did not come with a tech data sheet. Where can I find one?

By the way, when I plug back in my old control board it does not emit a continuous beep like the two new ones I bought. However, with the old board, some of the buttons on my key pad do not respond - that is why I replaced the control board in the first place. However, maybe the control board is fine and I need to replace the key pad instead. Do you agree ?

Thanks!

Seth

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm referring to the tech data sheet for your dishwasher, it should be located either behind the bottom access panel or inside the control panel assembly.

Yes Seth, I agree, the problem sounds more like a bad keypad assembly.

Here's the keypad assembly for your model you can order:
GE WD34X11510 Keypad - AppliancePartsPros.com

When you order parts from AppliancePartsPros or RepairClinic, you have 365 days to return the part/parts for a full refund, less shipping, for any reason, even if you install the part/parts and it doesn't fix the problem.

Jake