FIXED KFIS25XVMS00 KitchenAid ice door chute constantly opening and closing no cooling in fridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smdugan40

Premium Member
Ok I understand, I didn't catch the 120V (AC) so I managed to confuse myself lol
i tested J1-4 and J1-8 and got a reading of 118.5V
the kicker is that when I plugged in the fridge to do the test, it came of like all was fine. The front control board is not even hooked up.
I unplugged it after testing, do you think I should reconnect the front control board and see if I can run diagnostics on it? Or is it pretty clear that the rear main board is failing, but will occasionally work ok?
if you think the rear board needs replaced, which it seems it does, do you think it has caused a problem with the front control board? Or should the front board be ok?

thanks,
Sean

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure the main board is bad and you can probably put your old board back in. Since it's working before you checked the voltage, you should check it when it's not working. We still don't know if it has the 118.5 VAC when it's not working. While it's working try diagnostics.

Smdugan40

Premium Member
Hey Rick, sorry I haven't replied, work got very busy very fast lol
anyhow, I couldn't get the fridge to repeat working correctly to run diagnostics, so I went a head and ordered the main control board. It is back ordered but due to arrive this Wednesday. When I get it I'll install it and fingers crossed it will fix my problem once and for all. I'll be sure to come back and let you know how it goes.
thanks again for your invaluable input and assistance

thank you,
Sean Dugan

Smdugan40

Premium Member
Ok Rick, the board came, and I installed it, plugged in the fridge and it came on. But now the front display is showing
PE0 000
if it press the top right button the 000 turns to H20
the bottom right button it turns to ICE
It will dispense water with the dispese water button and the mechanical lever for water, but no other buttons function
any advice??

thanks,
Sean Dugan

- - - Updated - - -

Also just noticed the fan is running but it's not cooling

Smdugan40

Premium Member
Been checking online and looking at the tech sheet
its telling me to program by holding the door alarm button, however my fridge doesn't have a door alarm button
i have 2 buttons unlabeled on either side of the display
then on the bottom row I have a cooling off button (with the power on symbol) a locked button (w a lock symbol) a water button and a dispense after button then an ice button and last a Light button
hope that helps

Smdugan40

Premium Member
Ok I have found instructions to program it and have attempted to using the code on the serial plate but it doesn't appear to accept my code.
it defaults back to PE0 000 after following the steps and entering my code

rickgburton

Staff member
Hmm.....try this:
rickgburton said:
......follow the instructions on your tech sheet for programing mode and compare the program code on your model/serial number tag to the one that is stored. They should match. If they do, enter test mode. There are about 40 tests so skip the ones not related to your issue. Lets start with that and see if this boat floats.

Smdugan40

Premium Member
I will try but my tech sheet does not match up to my actual fridge
i found this thread while searching my problem and this fella seems to have the a similar problem.
Following the instructions I found in this thread I can get into program mode and enter my code from the serial tag but once I hold the water button to confirm the code and b done, it resets back to PE0 000 as if my code were no good.
is it possible the new main board would require a different code?

Smdugan40

Premium Member
I found a different set of instructions, which actually match up to my fridge. It seems there must be my particular model year had a different control panel then the tech sheet I actually found under my fridge
it is quite frustrating, if I can figure out how to pull the code using the actual panel my fridge has I can then do as you suggest and compare but as of right now I cannot.
i don't give up easily lol so I'll keep at it, and keep researching and playing with it

Smdugan40

Premium Member
Aha! Success!!
there was 1 vital step left out of the instructions given in the other link.

knock on wood the fridge is humming along nicely at the moment, and I am indebted to you Rick
is there a link leading to a way for me to leave you any renumeration for all your invaluable help?
you deserve more than a pat on the back my friend!!

rickgburton

Staff member
Correct Tech Sheet Kitchen Aid KFIS2* JennAir JFI2*

Smdugan40 said:
.....the tech found him a different set of instructions, which actually match up to my fridge.
NOW YOU TELL ME!!! I remembered seeing something along those lines so I went searching. It took me a while but I found it:

Attachments

Smdugan40

Premium Member
Yep that's the correct tech sheet alright
I never actually realized it was wrong since I could program the diagnostics with the problem I was having, I only used it for the electrical schematics until I out in the new main board yesterday
once again Rick thank you deeply for taking the time and effort to help me the way you have, it's folks like you helping folks like me that make the internet and this blog in particular such as awesome and powerful use of technology

- - - Updated - - -

*couldnt program it

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, so where are we? You still can't enter the program code from the model tag?

Smdugan40

Premium Member
Nope, we're all good now Rick. I was finally able to get it programmed correctly and the Fridge is up and running like a charm for now.
Thank you very much for all of your insight and advice, I was able to get it fixed for nothing more than the cost of the part you recommended.
now I've got a washing machine going wonky on me, so I guess when it rains it pours lol

rickgburton

Staff member
I hate it when that happens!! OK my friend, glad I could help. Start a new thread in the washer forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.