• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KFIS25XVMS2 - Kitchenaid Refrigerator Ice maker not working

shahhere

Premium Member
Model Number
KFIS25XVMS2
Brand
KitchenAid
KFIS25XVMS2

I read the posts here:

Trying to jump the ice maker to run is not working on the French Door fridge (even with the switch held off).

Not sure If I need to put in service mode to jump/test as I'd like to see if is the ice maker or the freezer/water valve?

Issue: No ice; nothing in the tray etc.

Shahhere

and saw a new tech sheet here:

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10308616.pdf
    774 KB · Views: 87

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You will need a multimeter to volt test.

Measuring the voltage on "N" and "L" and you should get 120 volts.

IMG-0558.jpg

Jake

shahhere

Premium Member
Okay got a meter and nothing was showing so was able to finally take out the icemaker and it took a lot of force unlike the videos i saw but I think the top tube that feeds the water seems to be have been frozen as pieces of ice fell in the little bucket. How do i take out the water line that feeds the icemake as it comes from the top but I dont have a diagram or videos on how to thaw it and or take it out....any help here is appreciated.

What are my options here? Burnt icemaker motor due to the frozen ice and change the whole thing or?

Shahhere

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sorry, I forgot to tell you to hold the door switches in when testing for 120 volts at the ice maker.

Here's the ice maker fill tube for your model: Fill Tube-Ice Maker W11415785

Here's the video:

Let us know what happens.

Jake

shahhere

Premium Member
Ahh perfect about the fill tube and how to reassemble.

I closed the right side of the french door as well as the switch on the left while trying to test the icemaker but never got any reading btw. Thats what prompted the question about it possibly being fried due to the ice buildup forcing the motor to not turn?

More question about the issue with the fill tube valve that dumps the water in the Ice Maker being frozen; would it be wise to replace the ice maker assembly or replace the water valve?

Shahhere

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, now you will need to ohm test the thermal fuse for continuity. If that thermal fuse is bad you will never get 120 volts between "L and N".

I circled the white thermal fuse in RED, disconnect the wire harness and ohm each side of that violet wire that goes through the thermal fuse and see if it ohms good.

(click to enlarge)
wireharnessthermalfuse (1).jpg

Here's the ice maker wiring harness for your model:
W11256689 Harns-Wire

Jake

shahhere

Premium Member
Jake, thank you for all the posts as its very informative and I know have a good idea on what could be not working.....

That said, I let the Ice Make Inlet Pipe thaw and just put the icemaker back together and guess what IT WORKS!

My Fridge is making louder than usual sounds while sending water to the Ice Maker and from what I read it might be valve that's causing a "slow drip" which might have made the icemaker inlet freeze in the first place?

Its working but I am asking all these questions in anticipation of whats the issue and what I might need to fix in the future?

Could it be as simple as the crappy water filters I got?

Shahhere

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, good!

It's common over time the water valve diaphragm wears out and a small amount of water gets into the ice maker fill tube. It may only be a drop or two every minute or so and may not actually drip into the ice maker but that's enough to cause a problem--->It freezes in the the ice maker fill tube and starts to build up and clogs that ice maker fill tube.

So if it happens again, its best to replace the water inlet valve to solve this problem.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model below, when you click the part link to it, there is a video that shows you how to replace the water inlet valve inside the refrigerator section.

Water Inlet Valve 67006322

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.