• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KFIS29BBMS00 Water leak around filter housing

robjf

Premium Member
Hi - I seem to be having the exact same problem, but with the KFIS27CXMS2 model.

This seems to provide the answer (or at least a great starting point to fixing it), but the ceiling of this model is different that the one you provided in pictures so I`m not certain ho to access the area where the water filter and housing is located.

Do you have information about how to take the "ceiling" of the fridge off for this model?

thanks,
Rob

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Insert a straight blade screwdriver in the slots on the bottom of the fascia and twist the blade to release.
Snapshot_1.jpg

Pull out the bottom of the fascia and roll up to release the hooks on the top of the fascia.
Snapshot_2.jpg

The rest should be easy.

Trista Raivio

I am having the exact problem. I have ordered a new reservoir but it is a one piece one. Did you find a two piece one or someone made the one piece work?

Shayhardman

Premium Member
Hello,
I have the same water leaking problem and have found it to be one of the connections is spraying that is attached to the water filter housing. I have ordered a new water filter housing but was curious if you had simple instructions like posted earlier to install this piece. Thanks

rickgburton

Staff member
Not the same fridge I need a model number. If it's different or a different brand, start a new thread. This one was started in 2015. Be sure to include your model number.

Shayhardman

Premium Member
It’s the same fridge, the kitchenaid KFIS29BBMS00. Also, I noticed you’re in Utah and so am I. If I can’t figure it out, I may just call you lol

rickgburton

Staff member
Yes, you're by point of the mountain about 5 miles from me. It's easy to do. The instructions are in this thread.

Shayhardman

Premium Member
so we found the problem to be a crack in one of the hoses into the water filter housing. We replaced the entire water holding tank W11168758 things and everything was good... so we thought. Now it’s leaking out of where you dispense water. Any ideas?

rickgburton

Staff member
Did you purge the air from the system after installing a new water reservoir? How much is it leaking? Is it a constant drip or is a slow drip that eventually stops?

Shayhardman

Premium Member
I’m not sure we did? How do you do that? Is it the Same method as when you install a new filter and run lots of water through it? It’s not constant, drips a lot and then stops after some time.

rickgburton

Staff member
That sounds like it's probably air in the lines or reservoir. The entire water system holds less than a gallon of water so about 6-8 glasses through the dispenser should do it. As you're filling the glasses watch the dripping to see if it slows.

rickgburton

Staff member
Sorry, I didn't see your last post. If the drip is continuous, even if there is a long pause between drips, I would suspect the water valve allowing a small amount of water to get past the diaphragm. If the drip completely stops after a few minutes It's probably dissolve gasses coming out of solution. It's usually not a problem unless the water lines under the machine are resting on the hot/warm condensor coils.

A kinked water line can cause that also.

Last edited:

tonynoriega

Premium Member
Hi all, been reading up on this thread for a few weeks now and finally got to investigating the problem.
I re-seated this connection, started dispensing water and it popped out like this again.
@rickgburton In your opinion, is it hose and coupling i need to fix, meaning the hose and black connector, or the filter housing unit?
Or both?
the other side is not leaking. this side is gushing.

[EDIT] After watching a video, I see that the black coupler looking piece in my photo is part of the filter housing unit, and that I cannot replace just a section of that hose where it is leaking.
That its the entire piece you posted earlier:
Reservoir W11168758 that needs to be replaced.
Would that be an accurate assumption?

KitchenAid.png

Last edited: