KFIS29PBMS02 KitchenAid Refrigerator PO (Power Outage) displays when no power outage

Christiano

Premium Member
Model Number
KFIS29PBMS02
Brand
KitchenAid
I have a Kitchen Aid Refrigerator with Bottom Mount Freezer model #KFIS29PBMS02. The display panel on the front constantly displays PO and asks me to confirm. The Instruction Manual says that PO means Power Outage, but there is no power outage and after I press confirm, 3 minutes later the message come back and asks me to confirm again. This started after I defrosted the ice buildup on the back of the freezer compartment. Now the Refrigerator compartment does not cool sufficiently (stays around 50 degrees F) and the freezer seems to be okay.. Ice maker does not work, but dispenser mechanism seems to work fine. Any suggestions for removing the PO may be a good start. Thanks very much.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

There have been some problems with the U/I(user interface) control of the crisper drawer shorting out and causing these odd problems your having now. I'm attaching the service bulletin below.

What we do first to confirm if that's the problem is to disconnect that U/I control and then see if everything starts working fine again and the PO stops rebooting.

Pages 59 and 60 in this service book: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L0agZKw9MnwG_p_a9kCFnhvK0kqoncF5/view?usp=sharing Tells you how to access it to disconnect it.

Here it is for your model:

Let us know if that fixes it once you disconnect it. Unplug your refrigerator first before disconnecting it.

Jake

Attachments

Christiano

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Thanks for your response. The part that you reference as a fix:
Dispenser Control Board W10807593
is not for my model of refrigerator, according to your web page. It does not even look the same. Perhaps this was just an error and you do have a correction. Thanks for your help. Christiano

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
They have it mislabeled, it's not for your dispenser, its for your Pantry Crisper Drawers. See it says FISH MEAT then DELI CHEESE then COLD DRINKS then WINE? Just disconnect the electrical connector to it, its located underneath it.

Christiano

Premium Member
After replacing the Main Control Board (back of the fridge) is there any calibration or diagnostics that I must do to confirm that everything is working. The PO has gone away, but the freezer does not get any cooler than 20 degrees F. Therefore, the Ice Maker is not making ice. The refrigerator compartment cools to around 40 degrees F. Not adequate. Perhaps I did not have to replace the (expensive) Main Control Board. What could be wrong now? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Remove the back panel from inside the freezer and take some photos of your freezer evaporator coil, we need to see it.

Jake