• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KFIS29PBMS02 Not making ice, deli drawer display out

KaMor

Premium Member
View attachment 45865
To enter Service Diagnostics: Press SW1 and SW2 simultaneously for 3 seconds.

Release both buttons when you hear the CHIME indicator. Unit must not be in Lockout.

The display will show 01 to indicate the control is in test 1 of the diagnostics routine.

Each test must be manually advanced.

Press SW5 to move to the next test in the sequence.

Press SW4 to back up in the sequence to the previous test

Each test is displayed in the two digits of the dispenser user interface display.

The test results are displayed in the two digits on dispenser user interface display 2 seconds after the test number is displayed.

An amber order filter light will be shown to designate that the test number is being displayed

A red replace filter light will be shown to designate that the status of the test is being displayed.

To exit Service Diagnostics Press SW1 and SW2 simultaneously for 3 seconds, disconnect the product from power or wait 20 minutes.

Following the exit of the diagnostic mode, the controls will then resume normal operation.

Run:

Service Test #56 -Ice Maker Error Codes-
Displays any active ice maker error codes.
E0- No error codes
E1- No cooling
E2- Motor lost position
E3- Heater time out
E4- Dry cycle
E5- Timed ice making

Service Test #57- Ice Maker Harvest
Press switch #3 to start a harvest cycle. Once started test can not be exited.
Digit 1 displays the state of the test: 0=Heater and Motor off, 1=IM Heater on, 2=Motor rotating CW until it finds home position
Digit 2 displays the test outcome: 0=In Progress, 1=Harvest complete, 2=Harvest not complete. Close door.
Got home this evening. Performed diagnostic test #56, result was “E0”. Diagnostic test #57, result was “02”. All doors were closed when this test was performed.

Will the refrigerator live?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Go into service mode again and run one more test:

Service test #59 Ice Maker Motor
Press switch #3 to activate the sequence.
Digit 1:
0= Motor Off,
1= Motor rotating CW until home position
2= Motor Off
3=Motor rotating CCW until home position

Digit 2:
0= In progress
1=Harvesting Complete
2=Harvesting Not Complete

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Replace the ice maker. That might be what was causing the deli control to drop out. Have you had any problems with cooling or the control going out since the ice maker quit working?

KaMor

Premium Member
No problems with the rest of the refrigerator, except not making ice. Is the above pictured item the only thing I need to replace ice maker (ex: putty, tape, wiring, etc) I will order tonight. Thank you for your help..

KaMor

Premium Member
Finally received the ice maker! Installed it and we have ice cubes! Thank you for your help and patience.

KaMor

Premium Member
I am back. I have same problem happening again with not cooling. Deli board is dead. I have gotten into deliboard controls and disconnected. I have determined that there is 14V going to deli board. Refrigerator is making a thud thud sound when I repowered the unit. Is it the deli board issue again

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It sounds like your deli board is bad. Your not getting any cooling at all now for the entire refrigerator? Rick what do you think?

But do these voltage tests from your control board in the back of your refrigerator.

2020-01-27.png

Jake