FIXED KFIS29PBMS03 French Door LED Lights Out

GaryDK

Premium Member
Model Number
KFIS29PBMS03
Brand
KitchenAid
This is a large French Door unit with 5 LED lights on the fridge ceiling and 2 behind each opening door for a total of 9. I think there is 1 in the freezer box.

The LED light in the freezer went out a couple months ago yet all other LED lights worked. Yesterday, 7 of the fridge's LEDs went out. Only 2 now work, the ones located on the ceiling top, on the left, around the ice making system.

A similar problem was reported by a member with his KitchenAid but he had a different model than mine and not everything suggested to check and the tech bulletins matched my unit. What can I do to start diagnosing the problem component?

Thanks,
Gary

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Gary,

The LED modules are in series, it's like the old Christmas lights, if one bulb is bad the rest of the lights won't work. LOL

Here's the FREEZER LED Module for your model: W11130208

Take a good working LED Module out of the refrigerator section and put it inside the freezer and see if it works, if so, then you will just need a new LED Module.

The FREEZER LED Module is the first one in series.

Jake

Last edited:

GaryDK

Premium Member
Jake,

You did it. Took out a known good light from fridge and placed it in the freezer and all lights came on! Way to go and thanks! I took the freezer drawers out for a clean and discovered ice in the freezer floor so a 15 minute job took a bit more time. I removed the drip tube from the back and of course is was clogged. I took it out, cleaned it out an ran some bleach through it.

I ordered the light and a donation is on its way.

Gary

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Gary, glad to hear the good working LED made all the other LED's come on. Yes, you would just need to order that FREEZER LED module I posted the link to above. (y)

Thanks for the update and the donation!

Jake