• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KFIV29PCMS00 KitchenAid Refrigerator water dispenser drips a very little bit - How do the water solenoids work?? Two separate valves?? Thanks.

Billymons

Premium Member
Model Number
KFIV29PCMS00
Brand
KitchenAid
I have a kitchenaid KFIV29PCMS00 and it has the single water valve in the back and the dual water valve in the ceiling of the refrig. My question is, does the single one activate anytime the dual one does?? In unison? Trying to see why even have a single one. Thanks

Billymons

Premium Member
OK another issue with the old KitchenAid. The water dispenser drips a very little bit and overtime the pan gets full. I flushed the filter very well as stated in many posts. And even tried taking the filter out to bypass. It’s still drips. I changed the Dual solenoid valve in the ceiling of the refrigerator. Still drips. What else would make a trip? Any tips would be appreciated!

Also I’ve had the dual valve in and out several times in the past month trying to figure it out. Could the pipe from the dual valve to the dispenser have a air leak from disconnecting it so much? I know these quick connect fittings don’t like it when you take them apart too much. But nothing seems to be leaking at the dual valve.

I’m just think like if you had a straw with water in it and you held your finger over the top, no water would come out until you start loosening your finger slowing air to drain the straw. Maybe I’ll try cutting a little bit off the line at the dual valve to make a fresh seal. What are the chances.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, You have 2 water inlet valves, one in the very back of the refrigerator called the primary(isolation) valve, then other one(secondary valve) is inside the refrigerator section.

Both the primary and secondary both should be getting 120 volts to supply water out of the water dispenser at the same time when you press the water dispenser paddle. Since you already replaced the secondary one, you may have a air bubble between the 2, take off the secondary INPUT water line tube that comes from the primary and get something to catch water in and press the water dispenser paddle and see if the air bubble releases.

Here's the primary water inlet valve for your model:
WPW10455331

Here's the secondary water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve WPW10341329

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime!

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Billymons

Premium Member
I removed the the secondary water valve, blew out the line that goes down to the dispenser, gently sanded the waters lines at the secondary valve with VERY light 2000 grit sand paper because they felt ruff from being pulled in and out several times. I then put a little silicone valve grease on each of the water lines and reinstalled the secondary valve, checked for leaks and its been good ever since!!! I really think there was a air bubble stuck in the line going to the dispenser......who knows.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Billy, good job.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.