• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KFIV29PCMS03 KitchenAid French Door Bottom Freezer Ice and Water dispenser is Not making Ice Anymore

Bigwaks

Premium Member
Hey Rick, yes but I figured I was in Vegas and the part was 1/3 the price of what I would have paid in good ol' Canada...so I thought for $22 I'd give it a try. After looking at the service / troubleshooting guide, I figure replacing the Ice Maker is next. I do not have the tools to check continuity and it's going to cost me $160 just for another service call ..... So I might as well replace the Ice maker.....that and the two-way valve are really the only other things I have left to replace.....

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
This one is $17 and does everything you need:
Digital Multimeter
pro-mini-digital-multi-tjma-dm1-ap5641751_02_m.jpg

Bigwaks

Premium Member
Hi Rickgburton...
So I replaced the Ice Maker and everything worked fine until today. No Ice, No Water now. I noticed the crisper U/I is dead. When I run it through diagnostics it does say Door Open. I've replaced main Control Board, Power Board, User Interface dispenser board, Left door switch, Ice Maker and I tried a new Crisper U/I board (Which didn't even light up when installed.). I'm stumped....

rickgburton

Staff member
Here's the voltage test points. You'll need to find where you're losing the voltage.:
KFIV29.jpg

Bigwaks

Premium Member
Uggggh, so I unplugged the pantry board with no success. Still no Ice and no water. When I go through the diagnostic tests again there are no error codes and all doors are confirmed closed. However, the service test #15 for Ice Level is showing that the Ice Bin is full when in fact it is empty..... The same issue as I was having when all of this began. When I push the ice paddle, the auger does not engage but I do hear some rotating going on but it is not the auger..... Any more tips folks?

rickgburton

Staff member
I do hear some rotating going on but it is not the auger.....
What is it?

Make sure all the doors are closed and set your meter to measure AC volts. Take the following voltage measurements on the main board:

P2-1 to P1-2 = 0V

P3-1 to P2-1 = 0V

P3-5 to P2-1 = 120 VAC - Open the left side FF compartment door. P3-5 to P2-1 = 0V

Press the ice paddle and measure from P3-7 to P3-8 = 130 VDC to 140 VDC

Bigwaks

Premium Member
Do I leave everything plugged in while I'm taking these measurements, or remove the board completely and take the measurements from the unplugged board? Also, which do I touch with the positive lead and which one to negative (black) lead?
Thank you.....I'm a rookie at electrical....
Chris

Bigwaks

Premium Member
So I unplugged everything and took the measurements right on the board....I was getting ZERO's throughout every test...

Bigwaks

Premium Member
I had an extra Ice Bin Level Sensor (Receiver and Emitter) changed them out.....everything is working again. I've got water and Ice..... Wow, this fridge is Possessed!

rickgburton

Staff member
Leave everything plugged in and all the connectors connected. Go in through the back of the connectors. + (Pos) and - (Neg) doesn't matter when measuring VAC. It really doesn't matter when measuring VDC. Your DMM will compensate for it by showing either +VDC or -VDC.

Bigwaks

Premium Member
Hey any idea where I can purchase a Connector for my fridge's Ice Level Sensor receiver (Fridge side connector, not the sensor side). It looks like the short is in the connector. I would need to basically change it out and route the wires into the ew connector from the fridge.

rickgburton

Staff member
I've never been able to find just the connector or any connector without buying the wire harness.