• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KFIV29PCMS03 KitchenAid Refrigerator LED lights stopped working'

ROB808

Premium Member
Model Number
KFIV29PCMS03
Brand
KitchenAid
A couple of weeks ago, the LED's in the fridge and freezer all went real dim except the two on the left in the ice maker ceiling and in the big storage drawer. When you opened the door they would be bright for a second and then get dim. Now they are out completely. I count around 8 out. Saw a post that sounded exactly like my issue (Nov 15 2018). I bought the LED power supply board
WPW10306786 Invrtr-Box listed in the thread. Is that the right part? I don't see a board like that in the back. Fridge is 5.5 years old, just out of my extended warranty. Looked at the other thread that is linked. Wasn't real clear which LED was the culprit. Are they all different?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's a old post, we have come to find out since then that Inverter Box is usually not the issue when the lights dim or go out completely. So don't install that Inverter Box.

It's usually just one LED module, as it runs in series with other LED modules in the same series.

I only show 1 Freezer LED module, that is in series with the TOP 3, 4, and 5 LED modules in the refrigerator section.

Open your freezer door and see if the LED light is ON in the freezer.

If not, that is what is causing the other TOP 3, 4, and 5 LED lights not to work in your refrigerator section. The TOP 3, 4, and 5 are the right side TOP LED lights in your refrigerator section.

If your freezer LED light is out, then order just the freezer LED module and the rest will start working.:)

Here's the freezer LED module for your model you can order: W11174006 Module

Jake

ROB808

Premium Member
Jake, you are the Man! Freezer light was out. I had already purchased a W11130208 (mentioned from the other post). Took a chance and plugged it in and everything came on!
Do you think this will work long term? Number on the back was the same W10637315B but it has a white bezel vs the correct color for my fridge being grey. Looks like I could even swap the bezels if I wanted.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Appliance Compatibility Tool--->When I put in W11130208 It says--->Sorry This part is not compatible.

You will need to order the LED Module I posted the link to, its for your model.:)

Glad to hear that fixed it. (y) But you need to correct LED Module or it may burn out again.

W10637315 changes over to W11174006 Module

Jake