• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KFIV29PCMS03 Water/Ice dispenser not working at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgobuffalo12

Premium Member
Model Number
KFIV29PCM
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello. We inherited this refrigerator when we bought our house. So far it has been great but just the other day the water/ice dispenser stopped working; the lights stay on for all of the buttons as if the door were open or it was just used; but nothing will come out for the ice or the water. The red button for the door being open won't come on either when the door is open. Not sure if some kind of board needs to be replaced for this? I can do other things like switch between ice modes and set the max cool and everything but nothing else. Thanks in advance for any help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the parts diagram for your model: Parts for KitchenAid KFIV29PCMS03: Cabinet Parts

Remove the hinge cover #13 by removing that one screw #9 and check your wire connectors to make sure they are tight and the metal pins in those connectors are not backing out, thus not making good contact and causing this problem.

If your wire harness connectors look fine, then I'd check your door switch. Do the inside lights turn off when you press it in? Also when the door is closed make sure the lights are off inside, I put my phone in the refrigerator to take a video when the doors are closed to make sure the inside lights shut off.

Here's the refrigerator door switch for your model:
WPC3680310 Switch, Light

If your door switch is fine, then its a control board problem, there is Service kit which includes both boards, you must replace both boards at the same time, make you unplug your refrigerator first!

Here's the User Interface(Dispenser Board) and Control Board kit for your model you can order:
Control Board W10759802

You get $60 cash back when you return your original boards. So the total price with $60 cash back is $218.40

Jake

letsgobuffalo12

Premium Member
Sorry it took me so long to reply back, thank you for the great information! I am just getting around to doing this now. The switch and wire harness both were good. I just ordered the control board part # you listed. How easy is this to install would you say? I'm pretty handy when it comes to doing things. Does the part come with instructions? Thanks again!

letsgobuffalo12

Premium Member
Thanks for all of the useful information. I replaced both the UI and control board but it appears to be doing the same exact thing as it was before. The light and dimmer both work and i can change the temperature control from the UI but the water, ice, and inside crisper climate control are all still not working. I suppose maybe I should have an appliance repair man come take a look. Just wanted to see if there was anything else i should check. thank you again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it sounds like possibly a short in your wiring then.

Contact KitchenAid to come out: 1-800-422-1230

Jake

letsgobuffalo12

Premium Member
Thanks for the quick reply. KitchenAid gave me a number of a verified service repair in my area and they are coming out tomorrow morning. Thanks again

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good. Let us know what they say.:)

Jake

letsgobuffalo12

Premium Member
Just an update; the service repairman came out yesterday to diagnose what was wrong. But before that the fridge lost cooling altogether - so I ended up just unplugging it till he came. I told him the backstory and how I changed out both boards. He ended up putting the old boards back in and found that there was a short in the U/I of the crisper drawer.

He just disconnected that and everything is working fine, water, ice all of it. He gave me a price of ~$450 to replace that U/I but he said I could easily do it my self and even told me how. I may just leave it for now because it really isnt a priority as we never really used it anyway, but he did say that things in that drawer could freeze because there is no temperature control at all - guess we will just see how it goes. Just wanted to thank everyone for their help on here!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

letsgobuffalo12

Premium Member
This makes sense. It's in an area where things are set when loading the fridge from grocery shopping. Kind of why I'm hesitant on replacing it because I'm sure it will just happen again (especially with toddlers opening the fridge spilling stuff all the time! lol).

Since it's been disconnected we have had no issues and the drawer isn't that cold. Thanks for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.