• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KGCK366VSS01 KitchenAid Cooktop - knob for burner 1 ignites burner 2

nothandy2020

Premium Member
Model Number
KGCK366VSS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi all, I have an old kitchenaid gas cooktop model KGCK366VSS01. The biggest front burner (on the left) has an issue: it can't be ignited by its own knob/switch. Instead, the knob/switch for another front burner on the right will ingnite it (the front burner on the left). Basically when I turn the knob for the front burner on the right (knob/burner 1), the front burner on the left (burner 2) sparkles/ignites. What is wrong and how to fix? I suspect it is a circuit issue, but don't know how to diagnose/fix it. Can you please help? Many thanks in advance!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So you hear no spark sound at all when you turn on the LEFT FRONT burner knob? That's usually caused by a bad burner switch.

On your model you have to order and replace all the burner switches to fix it:
WP4456901 Harns-Wire

Jake

nothandy2020

Premium Member
Hi Jake, thanks for your reply. I don't always hear the spark sound when I turn on the LEFT FRONT burner knob. But after a few hours (roughly) of no-use (say turning knob in early morning after no-use in previous night), the left front burner sparkes and ignites for the first 1 or 2 tries to turn the left front knob, but then it doesn't spark/ignite upon further knob turns.

Do I still need to replace all the burner switches? Is it an easy DIY (I am not that handy)? Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do I still need to replace all the burner switches?
Yes, that is the problem.

Here's the video that gives you the general idea of how to replace it, your model should be very similar. Whirlpool owns KitchenAid. If you have fixed other things around your house, this should be no problem. Just remember to unplug the cooktop first from the wall outlet.

Jake