KGSA906PSS00 oven does not hold temperature

trapper

Premium Member
Model
KGSA906PSS00
Brand
KitchenAid
The oven heats up to temperature when turned on but once at temperature it will not maintain it. The unit tries to fire/ spark but the burner sparks instead of the spark being in the oven as usual. Help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi trapper,

The unit tries to fire/ spark but the burner sparks instead of the spark being in the oven as usual
which burner sparks?

Here's another member with this same model and a similar problem, and the new oven ignitor assembly fixed it: FIXED: KGSA906PSS00 Won't stay at desired temp

Does that sound like what yours is doing?

Here's the oven igniter assembly for your model:
8191123 Burnr-Oven

Jake

trapper

Premium Member
Thanks for your reply Jake. I should have been more clear. It is the front left "power burner" on the stove top that is sparking when the oven is trying to maintain the temp. I am surprised it would be a burner malfunction instead of a controls issue. If it should be calling for a spark in the oven but is doing so on the cooktop??? Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, I meant "igniter malfunction" not "burner malfunction"

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Very interesting, don't think I've seen that happen before.

Possibly your spark module is malfunctioning. That controls ALL the surface burners and bake/broil burners as well.

When this happens, use a multimeter to measure between R/W (#6) wire and the W (#4) wire on the spark module when set to bake. You should have 110-120 VAC. Then check broil the same way only measure between BU/W (#7) and W.

Make sure the wire between the bake igniter and the spark module is not pinched or frayed, and make sure the connections are tight.

Here's the spark module for your model:
WPW10331686 Spark Module

Jake