KGSA906PSS00 Stove wont stay lit

king_quill

Premium Member
Model Number
KGSA906PSS00
Brand
KitchenAid
I am looking for a little help troubleshooting my stove.
The display had stopped working so i replaced the membrane keypad for the third time since i owned the stove.
The oven will not turn on at all, press for heat and the fan comes on but no spark or flame. If i unplug the stove then try again, the stove lights up as normal but will only run for about 20 seconds then turns off the flame. the fan keeps going.l try again and theres no light up till i unplug and plug it back in again.
changed the gas valve out, changed out the spark module aswell. no change.
go to diagnose mode and no error codes and it fires up perfect both bottom and broil.
where do i check next, im at a loss!
any help is much appreciated

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Only thing I can think of that may be possibly causing this issue is your central control board.

Go to the central control board and check for voltage between P4-1 and P5-3. This powers the board. Assuming you have voltage there since the display is working, then set the range to bake again and check for voltage between T3-2 and P5-3. If no voltage there, I would pull the board and have a good look at it. Also verify voltage into the board at T2-1 and T3-1 to ground. Somewhere in those readings, the answer should present itself.

The central control board should be located underneath the oven, you'll need to remove the bottom storage drawer to access it. It may be hidden in a metal cover on the right side.

Here's the central control board for your model you can order if needed:
WP9761594 Electronic Control Board

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

king_quill

Premium Member
Well here's the update. Since my stove is a slide in and has no back, i cannot get easy access to the central control board for checking. Its located under the burners behind the front membrane pad. So i open up the front end and am able to remove the control board. There is mouse debris on it and chew marks on the two large capacitors so i'm figuring its pooched. I talk to an online company who repairs these so i send it away. They tell me it cannot be repaired so i purchased a new one. I installed the new one and plug the stove back in, fires right up, then about 10 seconds later it shuts off again. Just as before the stove will only run after you unplug it and plug it back in for about 10 seconds.
So what do i check next?
Is there a sensor telling it to shut down?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Where did you purchase the new control board at?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
hmm, well, that's the only part I would think that would cause this problem, and especially since you mentioned the mouse debris on it and chew marks on the two large capacitors.

Just to be clear your replaced the central control board, correct? OR one of the other 2 control board control boards in the console?

Look here: Parts for KitchenAid KGSA906PSS00: Control Panel Parts

#3 is the clock oven control board

#10 is the DSI control board

Jake