KGST307GBT0 Night Light INDICATOR on

Rickoven

Premium Member
Model Number
KGST307GBT0
Brand
KitchenAid
Elderly mother noticed "Night Light" INDICATOR displayed in light blue on panel. Hears slight noise coming from that indicator (but perhaps the noise is always there). Says there is no way to turn it off. There is no nightlight to her knowledge (elderly, and not mechanically inclined). She turned off breaker for over a minute, turned it back on, light is still on.

She said that a week ago power was out for 30 seconds or so that she recalls.

Any insight would be appreciated.

IMG952411.jpg

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Rick,

The problem would be the control board, which is No Longer Available for this model: 3191106

Jake

Rickoven

Premium Member
She only uses the stove top. I did not want to turn off breaker because figured burners would not ignite. She says she hears a motor/fan noise coming from the indicator.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I know.

Make a video of that sound with your Apple or Android phone then you can upload the video to Youtube and post the Youtube link here. Or share your video per Google Drive, Dropbox, or Microsoft OneDrive and post the share link here.

Jake

Rickoven

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. I will work on somehow getting a video made by my non techy mother.

That part says "electronic clock control". So does oven still work ok? Does it control fan? Igniters?

Repair company wanted $100 to come. If they can't fix it because part no longer available, unless it can simply be unplugged, seems not useful to have them come.

Hard for me to diagnose, dealing with broken water pipe damage on my end while sister relays info for me.

Thank you for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The control board controls all the fans and oven ignitor.

That range is very old, it would be more wise to just buy a simple range for her, no bells and whistles.

Jake

Rickoven

Premium Member
This morning my sister had her try to bake (before your reply). Oven heated to 350 no problem. When she turned the oven off, the noise she was hearing was gone. So now the only issue is that the light is on - and as you noted it's possible the oven fan's aren't working, which wouldn't be good.

You did give me a great laugh though.

Background - pipe broke in cottage, over hundreds of thousands of gallons of water... Disaster company working on cleanup, tens of thousands in damages. Was there yesterday. Today, wife went to work, and I was headed back to cottage. Tire blew out on pothole. New tire and rim $1,000. We had inches of rain, pumping around cottage to be able to pump under cottage.

Then, Jake provides me with a big smile. His big joke, "That range is very old, it would be more wise to just buy a simple range for her, no bells and whistles."

Jake, my mom's name is Mrs. Bells and Whistles. If it's shiny and sold by a salesperson, she buys it... LOL

Thanks again for the info.

Rick

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Rick,

Then if its still heating fine, no worries. Just that Night Light will always be on, no big deal.:)

Background - pipe broke in cottage, over hundreds of thousands of gallons of water... Disaster company working on cleanup, tens of thousands in damages. Was there yesterday. Today, wife went to work, and I was headed back to cottage. Tire blew out on pothole. New tire and rim $1,000. We had inches of rain, pumping around cottage to be able to pump under cottage.
Its time to move to Arizona, no potholes here, in fact they are repaving our roads like crazy here all the time. Very little rain, sunny all the time! No snow, LOL

Jake