• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kichen Aid Range Model# KFGG500EBS2 some burners not igniting

JMC76

Premium Member
Model Number
KFGG500EBS2
Brand
KitchenAid
My Kitchen Aid Range is 4 years old and I have been having issues with the stove top burners igniting. IT started with the front right and now only 2 of the burner will. ignite. I tried replacing the spark module board and the spark electrodes and that did not fix the problem. When I turn on the knobs I can see sparks on the two right burners and center, but nothing on the two left burners. This occurs no matter which burner knob I turn to ignite. Appreciate any suggestions on what to check next. I am able to light the burners that won't ignite manually with a lighter. Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The only other part in the stove top spark circuit are the surface burner switches themselves:

Easy way to test this: With a multimeter, turn on the surface burners....each one should sent 120 volts AC to the larger 2 terminals on the spark module...as long as this occurs the switches are ok.

So for example--->If you turn on the front-right burner and you don't get 120 volts at the spark module, then that front-right burner switch is bad.

The link I posted above to the surface burner switches comes with all 4 surface burner switches.

Jake

JMC76

Premium Member
Replaced the wire harness. All burners working except front right. I am getting a spark and I am able to light that particular burner with a lighter. Have had trouble with this burner from the beginning. Since replacing harness it’s better but still difficult at times to light.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then it has to be either that FRONT RIGHT burner ignitor or the spark module, that's all it can be.

Also make sure the burner gas ports are not clogged on the burner itself, use a needle to clean them out and soak the whole burner assembly in warm water and baking soda for a couple hours.:)

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.