• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchecnAid Refrigerator KRFC704FSS01, RC not cooling, FC works

Ifranchise89

Model Number
KRFC704FSS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi, my refrigerator recently stopped cooling. The freezer was still working properly. Found that the area outside the RC evaporator cover was icy. I let the entire refrigerator/freezer thaw out and plugged it back in, seems it starts to get cold at first, but only gets to above 50-52 degrees before it stops cooling any further. Opened up the evap cover and took the attached picture. I don't believe the fan is running beyond the initial run. I ran through some of the diagnostic tests after letting it thaw for about one day and the results are attached.

My fairly uneducated guess is that it is a a thermistor or control board causing the issue.

I'm also not sure if/how the ice maker tray thermistor diagnostic reading "OP" could affect RC cooling.

Looking for advice on how to confirm my problem or what next steps to take.

Attachments

• 20220506_183016.jpg
    20220506_183016.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_20220509-141941_Excel.jpg
    Screenshot_20220509-141941_Excel.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I found a similar thread here:

The new refrigerator evaporator cover, that comes with the evaporator fan and thermistor should fix it:

Its fixed many others that had this same problem:

I'm also not sure if/how the ice maker tray thermistor diagnostic reading "OP" could affect RC cooling.
I wouldn't think so, is the ice maker still making ice?

Here's the ice maker for your model, that comes with the ice maker tray thermistor:

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W11190777 - REV A.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 70
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.