• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kitchen-aid free standing ice maker KUIS18NNTW3 Is Not Making Ice

Pamela D

Premium Member
Model Number
KUIS18NNTWE
Brand
KitchenAid
Kitchenaid free standing ice maker stopped making ice. After trying to find out the problem with no luck, we did notice the black wire was pulled out of the level sensor, so we ordered that and replaced.
Still, no ice. Before changing the level sensor part, the pump was pumping water onto the freezer plate but since changing the part, the pump is no longer pumping the water to the freezer plate.
Anyone, has an idea on why it did this and why it is not making ice. Thank you all! :unsure:

CajunJack

Premium Member
So from the start, the water valve opens and fills the reservoir, it circulates, stops, pumps that water out, refills then begins the normal water circulation over the evaporator plate correct?

Pamela D

Premium Member
Yes, it did that before the level sensor part was changed. Now, it fils the reservoir but does not pump the water to the plate. Thank you.

CajunJack

Premium Member
My guess would be a pump problem, or, the control board. If you can figure out how to test the pump using an external power source that would give you your answer.
Also, look closely at all your electrical plugs. I just worked on a machine whose pump associated electric plugs got corroded to the point they separated internally and I didn't see it.

Last edited:

CajunJack

Premium Member
I would find someone with electrical experience to do this for you. This is very dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. Sorry, that's the best I can tell you.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.