• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kitchen aid ice maker frosts up

rawsp

Premium Member
Model Number
KSRG25FKWH01
Brand
KitchenAid
My side-by-side Kitchen superba Model KSRG25FKWH01 ice maker frosts up and prevents the ice from dropping into the shute to be crushed or dispensed. What to do?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "it frosts up". Is there ice or frost on the icemaker itself? Is it just not going through the harvest cycle? Does it look like it's over filling?

rawsp

Premium Member
The frost forms behind the "door" in the dispensing shute and will extend all the way up into the area where the blade turns to crush or release cubes. If left long enough it will also form on the underside of the removable unit and cause the gear that turns the arm to disengage.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, that dispenser door not closing properly is probably the cause.

The front dispenser frame assembly just pops off, look underneath the bottom of the lower dispenser frame, you will see 2 small slots, you then use a screwdriver to pop it off.

You can order this ice dispenser door kit here:
Dispenser Repair Kit 8201649 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Watch this video:

[video=youtube;6d7XpFsva_M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d7XpFsva_M&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Jake