• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kitchen Aid KOSC504ESS00 Oven Door Locked

Henry G

Premium Member
Model Number
KOSC504ESS00
Brand
KitchenAid
I have a KitchenAid KOSC504ESS00 Oven. It was doing a clean cycle and shut off. The door was locked during the cycle and never came unlocked. Display shows nothing. The circuit breaker has been off/on many times and still no display and the door remains locked. It is a wall mount unit and impossible to remove without taking the from door off and removing the mounting screws.
How can I get to the lock arm on the lock motor to rotate it so I can get the door off and remove the oven?

Shawnryan111

Appliance Tech
Staff member
You will have to use something like a coat hanger to fish in the door jam hook the door latch and pull it enough to open the door. I am thinking the latch will need to be pulled left.

Henry G

Premium Member
You will have to use something like a coat hanger to fish in the door jam hook the door latch and pull it enough to open the door. I am thinking the latch will need to be pulled left.
Thanks, I read something like this earlier, but was unable to figure out exactly where the latch is. I took a coat hanger and just fiddled around with it and it opened. Many thanks. Now I will remove the oven and look at the thermal switch on the back.

Last edited:
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.