• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kitchen Aid KSDB900ESS0 dual fuel range - Broil and Bake element not working...thermal fuse is good...help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT in NC

Premium Member
Model Number
KSDB900ESS0
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi All,
Need some help!
We have a Kitchen Aid KSDB900ESS0 dual fuel range that is 5yo, last week the oven was on, made a crazy loud vibration, the kitchen lights flickered and then when I opened the oven door, poof, a dark cloud of smoke emerged...
Turns out, the baking element blew...literally! Replaced that, oven still will not work. Ordered a new Thermal Fuse, replaced that, still nothing...tested the broiler element for continuity (and the new and old thermal fuse), its good.

Power supply is good, in fact the bottom baking drawer will actually work so by powers of deduction I am thinking it is the dreaded control board...which appears to be either on back order or special order part and $$$, so before I go that route any other suggestions?

Appreciate any guidance!
Thanks,
Jt

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, most likely it fried the control board as well.

If you have a meter you can test voltage to the bake element at the control board when you have it set on BAKE at 350 degrees., be very careful when testing 240 volts at the control board.

On the control board bake is P2-3(RED wire) to P15-1(RED/WHITE wire). You should get 240 volts.

Here's the control board for your model:

Jake

JT in NC

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, that's what I figured...and feared!
Will get that part ordered and let everyone know if that was the culprit.
Best,
Jt

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Jt, sounds good. Make sure you disconnect power to your machine before you replace the control board.

Yes, keep us posted.:)

Jake

JT in NC

Premium Member
Good news, it was indeed the control board, wasn't too horrendous to change out and now we are back in operation!

Thanks for the guidance!
Jt

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent JT, glad to hear the new control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.