• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kitchen Aid KSRS25IKSS01 ice maker Problem

MikeSS

Premium Member
I have changed the optic emitter since there was no LED. I now have an LED solid red when door closed. (previos LED was completly off).
My ice maker is in the freezer compartment and the ice tray in the door. I changed the emitter about 6 hours ago and there is no ice making cycle starting, no water coming out of the little black hose to the ice maker. The water dispenser on the door is working fine, getting water there. I filled the ice making tray with a syringe, there is ice in the tray but it is not dumping it out. What do I check next??

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did it dump the ice overnight?

If not, then you'll likely need to change the ice maker as well, its not uncommon to have to replace both the optics and ice maker assembly when one goes bad.

Complete icemaker assembly (8 cube) - This icemaker is for 25-27 cubic feet models that have vertical auger dispenser installed in the freezer door. 8 cube icemaker.
Complete icemaker assembly
show

Manufacturer's Part#: 2198597

Jake

MikeSS

Premium Member
No, it did nothing overnight. The Ice made from the water I put in with the syringe is still sitting in the ice maker. Ok, so I need a new ice maker, is that also why there is no water filling the ice maker? (from the little black hose) Or is the water not dispensing into the ice maker a whole different problem?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, if you manually filled the ice maker and it didn't dump the cubes, then its your ice maker thats bad, because it should have dumped that ice then put water in from the black rubber tube above the ice maker.

Jake