• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kitchenaid dishwasher 2001

juliaperk

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDS01FLSS2
Brand
KitchenAid
I smelled an electrical burning smell that made me run to the kitchen. I realized it was the dishwasher. The lights were on and it was in dry mode. The smell dissipated, there was no fire. I later opened the door and emptied the washer. I tried to start the washer again. The lights went on, I pushed start and nothing happened. Help!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Since there was an "electrical burning smell", it shouldn't be too difficult to find what burned. Start by checking the control panel and door switches. Remove the lower panel and look around the motor area also.

juliaperk

Premium Member
Thanks Rick! I'm a total novice. How would I look at the control panel and switches? The whole motor was replaced. In fact every part was replaced on this dishwasher except the door panel and control panel. Thank you so much for your help!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
First turn off the power to the dishwasher. Remove the four console screws, two on each side. Remove the two screws on each side of the latch and the console will will pull up and out
KUDS01 Console Removal.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I agree with Rick, Sounds like a control board issue, watch the video below to access it, and look for burnt components on it. Turn the breaker off to your dishwasher first!

Here's the control board for your model you can order here:

Control Board 8564543 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

<iframe id="yui-gen68" class="restrain" title="YouTube video player" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R6DRT-T2r5w?wmode=opaque" frameBorder="0" width="640"></iframe>

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

juliaperk

Premium Member
WOW! Thanks you two! I will work on this over the weekend and order parts as needed. I will let you know how it goes...
:D
Julia

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Julia, yes keep us posted.

Jake