• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Dishwasher KDFE104DSS4 Stops Mid-Cycle and Drains

odonnebj

Premium Member
Model Number
KDFE104DSS4
Brand
KitchenAid
My 5-yr old KDFE104DSS4 Kitchenaid Dishwasher has been acting up for the last 6 months. It will randomly stop mid-cycle and drain. I've done the 1-2-3 1-2-3 1-2-3 reset command almost every few days, and it will sometimes work for a couple washes all the way through. It's very inconsistent. I've replaced the control board, thermistor, flow sensor, and wiring harness. Nothing has seemed to have solve the problem. When I do the "1-2-3" reset sequence, the dishwasher will run for about 20 minutes and when it stops it will beep 3-times fast and then 1-time long.

When the dishwasher stops mid-cycle and drains, the lights will then turn off with no indication that they're "Clean" or "Drying".

Any suggestions what I should replace next?

odonnebj

Premium Member
I should also mention that when I run the reet sequence, the Clean light never flashes. It stays on solid for the first few bits and then goes off during the diagnostic wash cycles. I'm at a loss.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds like a wash motor problem.

In your tech data sheet do Service Diagnostics with Error Codes and see if you get error code 4-3--->Control canceled cycle due to error detected with wash motor.

Here is the wash motor assembly for your model:
W11032770 Motor-Pump

Here's the video:

Or, you can order the complete assembly which comes with the wash motor already installed for you along with a new diverter motor too, that's less expensive:
PUMP&MOTOR WPW10605057

Let us know what you find.

Jake

odonnebj

Premium Member
Thanks, Jake. Unfortunately no error codes pop up (Clean light never blinks any codes) when running the 1-2-3 sequence. It takes over 20 minutes to complete, and I've never witnessed the Clean light blinking. The Clean light does go on for the first few minutes, but it stays solids.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That is strange.

This is a very unusual problem that I've never seen before.

Its best to contact KitchenAid to come out at 800-422-1230, then the KA tech can call the FACTORY HOTLINE from your house to investigate this problem, if the KA tech has not seen it before either.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.