• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kitchenaid Dishwasher KDFE104HPS0 Leaking/Not Draining

DV469

Premium Member
Model Number
KDFE104HPS0
Brand
KitchenAid
I have the listed Kitchenaid dishwasher. I have problems with it not draining during/after a wash cycle. It seems to do ok on the express cycle but on a longer cycle if begins leaking a lot around the door and the insulation gets soaked. If you open the door to check it, stopping the cycle, water pours out when you re-close the door. Water will be standing in the bottom of washer as well. At end of cycle the water does not drain and stands in bottom of washer. I can push the cancel/drain button and then it seems to drain fine and empties, but not during a cycle.

Ran diagnostics and get code 3-3, which says drain hose check valve issue or OWI not calibrating. I have replaced the OWI sensor and the drain hose, just to be sure. Tested drain hose and check valve working. Still have the problem. While under bottom of washer I checked the drain pump and impeller and seems to be ok. Door seal appears to be good. Float valve has free movement and does up and down easily. Washer checks to be level. No leaking other than around door during longer cycles (a lot of leaking late in cycle) and washer not draining during/at end of cycle but will drain fine when cancel/drain done after cycle.

I'm at a loss at this point, so any help or insight is appeciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds like its a faulty drain pump or a foreign object is stuck/jammed in the drain pump preventing it from draining.

What I do is remove the electrical connector from the drain pump and put my meter leads in each of the two electrical connector slots and when it gets to the drain cycle, watch the meter, if your meter reads 120 volts and the drain pump is not running, then the drain pump is bad, and it will need to be replaced.

Watch this video to access it:

You can see the 2 brown wires in the video still, that's your electrical connector wires.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
W10876537 Pump-Drain

Jake

DV469

Premium Member
Jake, thanks for the info. I will try that and see what I get. I did have the drain pump off yesterday and it seems to spin freely and no obstructions. I odd part is it drains fine when not in a washing cycle and I press the cancel/drain button to get it to clear water from the bottom and pump appears to work fine then.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Yes, because when it should be draining and its not draining, that's when you check for 120 volts to the drain pump.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.