• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Dishwasher KDTE104DSS0 soap cake not dissolved

B767capt

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTE104DSS0
Brand
KitchenAid
Found the soap cake laying on top of a glass casserole dish with the sealed plastic half melted and the cake barely dissolved. It landed just below where it normally dispenses out when the soap door opens. Everything is wet even on the top rack so I assume the pump is working. The filter at the bottom of the tub is clear.

Dishes aren't as clean as they usually are and small food particles on the bottom of the tub near the main door. Just not as pristine as it usually is. Not sure how to read fault codes if there are any as the panel is out of sight when the door is closed.

Just has white lights near labels across the panel to show what has been selected. No place for a fault digit to be displayed. Any troubleshooting or diagnostic functions to run on this model?
Thanks, Bill

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Bill,

So after it fills with water, do you hear the wash motor come on and you hear the water splashing in the tub? These wash motors have been a common failing part when soap just sits in the bottom.

So what you'll want to do is pay close attention to hearing the wash motor run at ALL times after it fills, it will pause to sense the water about 4 or 5 times at the beginning, but then after that it should run a very long time.

Here's the wash motor assembly for your model you can order, if needed:
W11032770 Motor-Pump

Here's the video to replace it:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, let us know what you find.

Jake

B767capt

Premium Member
I decided to apply the 250.00 for a pump towards a new dishwasher since Memorial day sales are starting. Replaced it with a KDTM404KPS0. Love this blog and it's been very helpful in the past. I'll be back.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake