• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kitchenaid Dishwasher KDTE204DSS0 won’t turn on

Owenssvcs

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTE204DSS0
Brand
KitchenAid
A customer of mine bought a used KitchenAid dishwasher, I installed it. Connected to power and control panel would not respond at all. When I take my non contact volt tester over the control panel it shows power across the whole board. The customer has a KitchenAid range with touch pad also, so I took my tester to it and even when I select a button with the tester right beside my finger it never turned red for power does that mean the control board is bad?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
does that mean the control board is bad?
Maybe. Your no contact volt tester just won't cut it when it comes to appliance repair my friend. You need a DMM to check the door switch for continuity.
whirlpool-cntrl-elec-w10866116-ap6027289_02_l.jpg

Owenssvcs

Premium Member
I do have a DMM, rather then disconnecting the wireless connectors I just used my non contactless tester on the feed coming in just to verify that the circuit had power. Then when I put it on the touch panel it stayed red across the whole panel. I also thought it was weird that it had power at the motor also.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
then it goes down to .2 or .1
That sounds right, but it might not be making a good contact in the switch with 1.2Ω Take the wires off the switch. If it still checks good replace the control.