• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid Dishwasher KDTE204ESS3 Not washing dishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalback

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTE204ESS3
Brand
KitchenAid
Hey guys looking for some help here, so a few years back the dishwasher heat coil went out and i replaced it no prob, today it was not washing the dishes, it fills the bottom of the dishwasher with water but dishes stay dirty. I went into diagnostic mode but it seems weir this time when i did the 1-2-3 x3 times all lights came on i then closed the door and the white light came on flashed 1 time and then turns back on and does not flash but it seems to blink but the light doesn't go out while it blinks so maybe its like a flicker.... has anyone had this happen before?

If it is right and the led is just flickering its a 1-1 code what would be
KitchenAid HE Dishwasher Error Code: 1-2
Error Condition:
Damaged or bad memory on the control board.

New electronic control board would this make sense as to not washing the dishes?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, when this problem happens its usually a bad wash motor, seen this many times on my service calls. The only way to really check is while its running a wash cycle after it fills with water. It may run fine in diagnostics, but not in a wash cycle.

To verify that--->Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

You can check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle. His Kenmore 665 is made by Whirlpool which owns KitchenAid and uses the exact same wash motor yours does.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use your multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor.
(click to enlarge)
dishwash120volts.jpg

Here's the wash motor assembly for your model you can order: (Ships to Canada):
Pump and motor assembly W11032770

Here's the video to replace it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Chalback

Premium Member
Hey Jake,

Thanks ill check this out and see what happens i did see another post that someone had the same problem as to no error codes so i took the front door off and unplugged the computer, Now that i put it back i am getting a 6-4 code so float switch.... Not sure if that might also cause this problem.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Chalback

Premium Member
Hey Jake, not sure now what to try as wash motor is good, I also did a video it does sound to making a weird noise tho.

Attachments

• D0C62233-23EC-4DAC-8227-F66B92B5DEDE.jpeg
    D0C62233-23EC-4DAC-8227-F66B92B5DEDE.jpeg
    755.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The wash motor is bad, that's the weird noise you are hearing. Your control board is good because your meter says 120 volts to the wash motor.:)

So you will need to order and replace the wash motor and you will be back in business.:)

I posted the link to the wash motor in post #2 above.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome, let us know how it goes after you replace the wash motor.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Chalback, glad to hear the new wash motor fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.