• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Dishwasher KDTE234GPS0 - Circulation Motor Replacement

Sw3dishCh3f

Model Number
KDTE234GPS0
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello! We own a 3.5 year old Kitchenaid dishwasher that is no longer washing. I have read through alot of the posts here but I want to confirm that the solution is to replace the motor as it is quite expensive and tough to return if it doesn't solve the problem. Here is a breakdown of what has happened so far:
  • The dishwasher fills, heats the water, but does not wash/spray.
  • Common solution online is to replace the water inlet valve, so I did that but did not solve the issue.
  • Checked the float switch and see no issues with it.
  • Ran the self-diagnosis and received the error codes for "Heater Problem" and also "Wash Motor Problem". Because the water is warm and there is steam, the heater is most likely fine.
  • I confirmed that the wash motor receives power when I run a cycle, but motor won't run.
  • Removed motor and disassembled, cleaned out the pump, but the pump barely had any calcium on it.
  • My dad, who is an electrician, powered the motor with 120V while being removed from the dishwasher, and the motor runs and the impeller spins.
  • Within a few seconds of the motor running, it becomes too hot to touch.
SO, my current assumption is that even though the pump will run, it is showing signs of failure and will need replacing. Is this accurate? Are there other things I need to check in case the motor is actually fine? Any help is appreciated! The wash motor model number is W11084656. Let me know if you need any additional information!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor and its not running then your wash motor is bad.

Here is the wash motor assembly for your model: W11084656 Motor-Pump

RepairClinic ships to Canada: W11084656 Motor-Pump

If you bench tested it and it got super hot then its bad as well.

Jake