• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Dishwasher KDTE234GPS0 - Error code 6-4

katemartinez

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTE234GPS0
Brand
KitchenAid
My dishwasher is only bringing water in very sporadically. Nine times out of ten, dishwasher starts and runs, but no water ever comes in, though every once in a while it will bring some water in. If I add water at the proper times in the cycle it will run fine. I ran the diagnostics and got a 6-4 error code. I checked the float which seems to be moving freely, and replaced the intake valve, but still no improvement. Anyone have any ideas on what else to try?

Thanks so much for you help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Turn the water off to your dishwasher, then remove the water supply line to the water inlet valve on your dishwasher, then get a bucket to catch water in, then put the water supply line in the bucket and turn it on and watch how fast it goes out, it should come out full force with lots of pressure.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
OK, good!

The problem has to be the control board not keeping constant 120 volts going to the water inlet valve to keep the water flowing in properly.

Check your owners manual warranty, you should have a 5 year warranty on your control board.

Contact KitchenAid at 800-422-1230 and tell them to send you a new control board under warranty.

Here's the control board for your model:

Jake

MartyM

Premium Member
Hi All,
Jake, this site is great. Very current info and details and reference materials. I appreciate it!
I may need to request a warranty-covered control board. I called, but the ridiculous maze of "press this then that then listen to this then blah, blah, blah" is too much.
Do you know of an email address for KitchenAide dishwashers where they may actually reply?
Either way, thank you so much.
Marty

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Merry Christmas Marty!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.