• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Dishwasher KDTE234GPS0 Not washing properly

CoryBeaks

Model Number
KDTE234GPS0
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi wondering if somebody could help me out.

My dishwasher isn't washing correctly. There are still undissolved detergent pod left in machine when cycle is done. Doesn't sound like much is happening either during the cycle. Motor on and off frequently.

I initially figured it was a circulation pump so bought one that popped up on amazon but it wasn't the exact part number. The pump looked exactly;y the same though and fit perfectly. Still have the problem after installing the new pump. Also confirmed I have 120v at the pump when the cycle is started. I ran the diagnostic cycle and have a few codes which is why I am now confused. This is the pump I put in amazon.ca/Dishwasher-Circulation-Pump-OEM-W11032770/dp/B084H2ZZSY/

4-3
7-1
5-1

Seems odd for all this stuff to fail at once on a two year old dishwasher?

Thanks for any help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Cory,

That's the wrong wash motor for your model, send it back and get your money back.:)

If your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle and it's not running order your OEM wash motor below.

Here is the OEM wash motor assembly for your model you can order: W11084656 Motor-Pump

Jake

dashriprok

Premium Member
I'm compelled to add a recent adage from our repair shop, "Never buy appliance parts from amazon.com." We have numerous customers whom have tried to do-it-themselves and failed. Then they call us with their tails between their legs and ask us to make a repair quickly so their wife doesn't divorce them. Our techs then go out and replace the very part the diy-er replaced but we use an OEM part. Appliance repaired! Amazon once again to blame. Please keep in mind I have nothing for or against amazon.com but even the ladies who answer the phone at our shop and aren't technical in the least are well aware of the generally poor quality or wrong specification of many appliance parts sold on amazon.com.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You are exactly right!!!

Since we started this site in 2004, All us techs here advise people constantly to NEVER EVER buy appliance parts from amazon or ebay.

We have so many threads and posts here of these horror stories, it will make your head spin. LOL

Jake