• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid dishwasher KDTE254ESS2 Not cleaning dishes on upper shelf and leaving soap residue in soap compartment

simplyunique

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTE254ESS2
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi, My dishwasher has been leaving the upper shelf dishes dirty and even a bit greasy for some reason. The lower rack dishes come out great. I have cleaned both of the filters and pulled off the lower and upper spray arm to clean. The spray arms did not have any problems with them. Any ideas? Thanks so much for your time. I have run a diagnostic test on it but can't seem to figure out how to read the results.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I located another member with your exact same model number and basically the same problem:

Check that middle spray arm first.

If the middle spray arm is good if your filters are good and clean, our other tech tmol had this same problem and he replaced the pump/motor assembly and that fixed it:

Your model uses the exact same one: W10902372 Pump & Motor

So I'd order and replace it.

Jake

simplyunique

Premium Member
Thanks for your reply. I did see this before posting but now sure how to tell if the spray arm is broken. I tried the trick where you put a bowl right side up in the upper rack, then press start, wait 5 minutes to see if there is water in the bowl. There was not. Also, how do I read a diagnostic test on this model. Thanks so much!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Also, how do I read a diagnostic test on this model.
On Page 6 of your tech data sheet I'm attaching below, DO--->Service Diagnostics with Error Codes

Jake

Attachments

• Tech+Sheet+-+W10750900+-+Rev+C.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 40