• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid Dishwasher KDTM354DSS4 clear error codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Talon

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTM354DSS4
Brand
KitchenAid
I have a Kitchenaid KDTM354DSS4 where I have had to replace the W11084156 pump filter a couple of times due to failure. It failed yesterday so I replaced it with one I keep on hand and it seems to work very well but the dishes seem to have not been drying completely for the past few months when using the “Prodry” cycle.

I decided to run diagnostics and it threw codes, 6-1, 8-1 and 8-2. if I have decoded these correctly 6-1 relates to the water inlet valve but it fills fine. 8-1 and 8-2 are related to the pump but. Just replaced the failed part and it washes fine.

Long story short, will the machine clear codes on its own or do the need to be cleared somehow? Also, is there a process where I can test the vent system? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It tells you how to do that on the tech sheet. Do you still have yours? It should be behind the lower panel.

Red_Talon

Premium Member
Yes, I pull the “For Service Technician’s Use Only” sheet out and read through it but it doesn’t give any info on how to test certain items. I’m assuming the only way to check the vent fan is to wait until the drying cycle kicks on and see if it working? It makes me wonder if that is not working plus throwing the 6-1, 8-1 and 8-2 codes if the controller is faulty.

It seems to work fine but leaves certain dishes wet and does not seem to be using any rinse aid either. that appears to use a solenoid to release rinse aid but I cannot figure out where the orifice is that I need to check for obstruction.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching the tech. data sheet for your model below.

Look on page 3 where it says--->Service Diagnostics Notes:

NOTE 4--->Press HI TEMP key in this interval to clear customer error history.

Look on the chart--->Service Diagnostics Cycle INTERVAL 20 follow interval 20 down and you see the number 4 that's where you clear the error codes while its the diagnostic cycle.

Attachments

• tech-sheet-W10750907-RevB.pdf
    915.9 KB · Views: 37

rickgburton

Staff member
will the machine clear codes on its own or do the need to be cleared somehow?
Snapshot_1.jpg

Jake beat me!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick--->Now we're even, because you beat me on one last night. LOL

Jake

Red_Talon

Premium Member
So, if I am calculating this correctly at 17:28 into the diagnostics cycle I need to press the “Hi Temp” button. Can I open the door to do this? there really isn't any clearance to get a finger in between the countertop and touchpad. I would really hate to pull it out just do this step. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

rickgburton

Staff member
if I am calculating this correctly at 17:28 into the diagnostics cycle I need to press the “Hi Temp” button.
The service diagnostic cycle takes about 23 minutes and has 25 intervals. The diagnostics cycle starts on interval 25 and ends on interval 1. Interval 25 turns on all the LEDs as a display test even if the door is open. The start/resume key is disabled and the service cycle is paused when the door is open and resumes when the door is closed. Intervals 24, 23, 22, and 21 are for error codes. Interval 20 is a ten second pause. Press the Hi-Temp key in this interval to clear the error codes.

Red_Talon

Premium Member
I couldn’t get it to clear the codes but I’m just being OCD atthis point as the machine is working fine. I really appreciate the help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.