• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kitchenaid dishwasher KUDC10FXSS5 ends cycle early

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradm42

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDC10FXSS5
Brand
KitchenAid
My dishwasher runs for a couple of minutes but just after the first wash cycle is started it goes to cancel/drain and then stops.

I ran the diagnostics cycle and see the codes 6-2 and then 6-6, but the diagnostics cycle is also terminating early on step 18. Like in normal operation, the diagnostics will stop running as soon as the water begins and go to cancel/drain. No other diagnostics are run at that point unless I restart with the 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 button press.

Any advice on what to try here? I couldn't find any other posts with these types of symptoms.

Thanks,
Brad

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Brad,

It sounds like your control board went bad.

Turn the house breaker off to your dishwasher, then check to see if you notice any burnt components on the circuit board. Remove the plastic covering from the control board so you can get a good look at the control circuit board.

Here's the control board for your model:
W11035586 Electronic Control Board

When you click the part link to the control board you will see a video on how to access it.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

bradm42

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Thanks - I really appreciate your advice. I removed the control board and inspected the circuit board as you recommended. But I didn't notice any damage on components or pins.

Do you think this control board is a high probability of being the root cause? Are there any other failing components which could result in this type of behavior that I should double check? I didn't see any other reports of fails from other users where the diagnostic cycle didn't run completely but it does make sense that this could be a bad control board.

I'm leaning towards just trying to replace the board and see if it works, but didn't want to take a chance if it isn't certain.

Thanks again!
Brad

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Brad, the control board doesn't have to look burnt to be bad, and since its not going through the complete diagnostics cycle I would say that's the culprit too.

Look at this other thread here:

Jake

bradm42

Premium Member
Ok, I ordered a new control board and will report back in a couple of days when I can try it out.

Thanks,
Brad

bradm42

Premium Member
The new control board came last night, so I installed it - and the problems are all fixed!

Thanks Jake for the great support!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Brad, glad to hear the new control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.