• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Dishwasher KUDC10FXSS5 Overfilling / Leaking from Float Tube

chef951

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDC10FXSS5
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi I have a KitchenAid KUDC10FXSS5 Overfilling / Leaking from the Float Tube. I have replaced the Float Switch/the water Filling Valve /made sure it was level/ I took apart the float (it is clean) as well as the gasket. I have run it a few times without soap and it still leaks.. any thoughts?

No issues with cycle or water draining out at the end. I did a 'reset sequence' like Jake had mentioned in another post the 123 123 123 and no leaks on that 23 min cycle but, but it did leak on the next regular use with no soap.. could something else be causing the water level to raise higher than it is supposed to? ( I thought possible the fill valve was old and closing too slowly after it got the signal to shut off from the float switch.. Thank you for any ideas..

chef951

Premium Member
Yes - I did. I thought that might be the issue.. maybe the float switch was sending a signal and the valve might possibly be taking too long to close causing an overfill situation, but no change after new part.

chef951

Premium Member
Yikes $300+.. that kind of kills it.. Thank you Rick for the info. I guess that helps narrow down the options. I have not also for a long time been able to select(or have the blue LED light up) for the heated dry option but the machine worked for years regardless, maybe this is just another degradation of the main control. Thanks again.

chef951

Premium Member
Thanks Again for the advice. - Have you ever used a repair service like CoreCentric Solutions out of IL? I can send them the broken control board and they will repair for $120? Hard to justify $320 for an older machine.. especially if it does not fix the problem. What do you think? Obviously I'm not holding you to anything! ;)

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
They are a reputable company. I've recommended them to other members for boards no longer available.

chef951

Premium Member
Hi Rick, I had sent out my Board to Corecentric/Partsimple in IL and got it back. They said there were no errors/ issues with it. I installed back in and am still having the same leaking issue coming from the float tube.. the only thing I can think of that I have not replace is the actual float itself.

It is not bent, does not look damaged in any way. also does not have any build up on it(we actually rinse our dishes very clean 1st before putting in dishwasher so there is really no sediment anywhere in the unit.. Does the float originally have some kind of buoyant material in the underside of the float like foam?

That might help it pop up earlier there by triggering the float switch? Is there anything else that could be causing the water to come out of the float tube/ I'm guessing caused by a higher than normal water level inside the washer during the cycle? I just hate to get rid of it for something that seems simple/repairable.. Thank you.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Does it start to leak right away during the first wash cycle or after the first wash cycle? I'm thinking it's not draining the water out all the way and fills on top of that. The fill time is 2:25 and controlled by the control. The float switch is more of a safety device. It's purpose is to interrupt the voltage to the fill valve if the water level is higher than it's supposed to be. Make sure the fill valve isn't sticking open due to high pressure. Dishwashers shouldn't be level. They should be slightly lower in the rear. After the first wash cycle listen for the drain to finish and open the door and see if all the water is drained. Wait a couple minutes with the door open and see if water from the drain hose is running back into the dishwasher.