• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Dishwasher KUDE60FVSS2 intermittent error codes

miwitte

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDE60FVSS2
Brand
KitchenAid
I have been fighting this for 2 years now, Ive replaced the washer tub as the pump was frozen and no place you could get pump alone. It would fork for a while then never complete the cycle. running the diagnostic cycle test has yielded multiple codes over the last few months. 1-1, 6-1, 8-1,8-2,9-1. I wouldn't drain, when hitting cancel, however works fine when doing the diagnostic test.

My wife at her wits end and now its personal between me and the dishwasher I'm stubborn like that I could just go buy a Maytag and be done with it but I need to fix things. SO one thing I've though of what does all of these have in common. The control board. I popped it out and took some 600 grit sandpaper to clean all contacts on the board as well as the connectors. I also used electrical parts cleaner after.

And guess what. 3 cycles no issues so far I, I would typically have a error code usually 6-1, would have to hit cancel to drain, then run diagnostics to clear the code and try again. Sometimes it would take 5 or more of these runs before it would complete with no error.

Im hoping that cleaning these fixed a intermittent issue as the board is right there against the inner stainless and during a run there is quite a bit of vibration. I have the door interlock bypassed and screws holding the board in so I can run without front cover so far so good.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, its the control board that's the culprit then. You can keep using it and see how long it goes for since you cleaned the contacts, and also used electrical parts cleaner afterwards.

Here's the control board for your model:
whirlpool-d-w-ctrl-wpw10285178-ap6018709_01_l.jpg

Jake

miwitte

Premium Member
I got about a month out of this and its still doing this. I know the motor and diverter are good as they work when the intermittent stops, so the common part has to be that board. I hate to throw $200 at it my wifes about had it but i hate things that defeat me. Its personal now.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I completely understand.

Jake