• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid Dishwasher KUDE70FXSS5 control panel unresponsive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgian

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDE70FXSS5
Brand
KitchenAid
The dishwasher ran last night, and this morning after opening the door, the lights showing the wash cycle stayed on. I tried touching the cancel button and it didn't do anything. After removing and reintroducing power, the panel lights are now off, but the panel is still not responding. I have removed the door and unhooked the panel. I reattached the wires and the panel still doesn't turn on or respond to touch. I believe it is a bad panel as when I took it off I saw some corrosion on the circuit board around the start/resume button. Before I order the part, is there anything else I should check?

Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it sounds like a short(likely from the corrosion) in your keypad control panel and causing this problem.

Do this below:
- Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
- Disassemble door and disconnect keypad connection from control board or LCD display module.
- Verify all other connections to control board are made.
- Reassemble door, but do not close door.
- Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power.
- Wait at least 7 seconds for control board to power up completely.
- Close dishwasher door and monitor control board response:
A. If control board is OK, it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace keypad and console.
B. If control board is not OK, it will not turn on drain motor. Wait for at least 10 seconds. If there is still no drain response, then replace control board or LCD display module (whichever one the keypad was connected to).

Here's the control panel console keypad assembly for your model:
WPW10481144 Panel-Cntl

Jake

Burgian

Premium Member
I tested the control board and found it is working. I ordered the part and now will wait for the estimated 2-week delivery. Thanks again for the help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, let us know how it goes after you replace the control panel console keypad assembly.:)

Jake

Burgian

Premium Member
Update. Got the new control panel console keypad assembly, plugged it in and it works like a charm again. Thanks all for the help from this forum, couldn't have done it without you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @Burgian glad to hear the new control panel console keypad assembly fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.