KitchenAid dishwasher KUDS01FLSS6 error code

Asu527

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDS01FLSS6
Brand
KitchenAid
Having trouble with a kitchenaid dishwasher model KUDS01FLSS6. Couple of weeks ago noticed a load did not quite seem clean or dry and the clean light was blinking seven times. After some research I found a thread on here leading me to replace the heating element. I’ve since replaced the thermostat to no avail. I still get the error code 7. What am I missing? Everything seems to run fine but cycle does stop and clean light begins blinking until I perform a reset. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Ok, the flashing the clean light 7 times is a heating fault, you are corrrect. Since you already replaced the heating element and high-limit thermostat, then only 2 other things can cause this.

1. Your control board.
2. Your sump/motor assembly.

The sump motor assembly not circulating the water properly over the heating element will cause this as well.

Check your chopper screen, it may be clogged or broken, and your check valve too, and that's likely the reason its not cleaning good either.

Watch this video first:

Here's the chopper blade screen assembly for your model:
Food Chopper Assembly W10083957V

Here's the video to check/change it:

Here's the check valve for your model:
Check Valve WP8268375

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake

Asu527

Premium Member
So I was able to look at the chopper screen and check valve. Biggest issue appeared to be paste residue from what I would think is old detergent. I cleaned the Chopper screen best I could, removed any large debris, and cleaned check valve. I ran a full wash cycle (empty) and it completed fully with out any code errors. I checked a few times through out to see if everything was working and the water did heat though it was not as hot as I remember. I could see steam but the water in the bottom was just warm. Is the Control Board the next thing I need to look at? Thanks again for your guidance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member