• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Dishwasher KUDT03FTWH3 Will not Reset, maybe control panel?

Pekkerwood

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDT03FTWH3
Brand
KitchenAid
Multiple issues seem to be building up unbeknownst to me. GF in Italy for two months, I am trying to use dishwasher. From talking to her there has been an intermittent issue that results in the Start/Resume button flashing and then the unit not operating when closed, just Normal button and Start button continuing to flash. She has been "resetting" when this has occurred by first cancelling and then pressing the "High Temp Scrub" and "Heat Dry" buttons buttons in sequence until all leds light up and then shutting door and the unit runs what I suppose is a diagnostic cycle. It will still do this, however, when finished pressing the "Normal Wash" and the "Start" button only results in the Start button blinking and the unit will not operate.

Separately, and a recent occurence, she said the Dispenser Door will not open and she has been placing detergent pods on top of some dish in order to use the washer. I never knew this but this problem is subsequent to the initial issue which has been ongoing for months apparently.

She has also been complaining the dishes do not dry well. I have noticed she rarely ever uses the additional rinsing product. It very well could be functioning properly in this regard.

I started shopping for new dishwashers but the KitchenAid models we would like are not available. I feel like I would like to see if there is a pathway to repair. I realize the control board is discontinued, but is available on Ebay. The dispenser appears to be available. I would like a recommended place to start, and whether I should order both units or try the control board then the dispenser in serial fashion.

Thank you in advance for you help and guidance. Any video links will be appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's a test to determine which part is the problem:
A blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad (or sometimes a “dead” keypad/console) indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on the control board or the keypad. To determine if the control board OR control panel keypad is faulty, do the following test:
Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power, then Open the dishwasher door. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control board (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control’s response.

➔If the control board is OK (no longer sees shorts with the control panel keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the control panel keypad if the drain motor turns on.

➔If the control board is not OK (still sees shorts with the control panel keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond. If drain motor does not start within 10 seconds, repeat or verify that all steps were followed, and then replace the control board.

Here's the white control panel touchpad assembly for your model: W10078131 Panel-Cntl But yes you are correct, its been discontinued.

Here's the control board for your model:
WPW10084141 Electronic Control Board

Jake

Pekkerwood

Premium Member
Mr Jake:

Was able to do test tonight. Disconnected Ribbon and repowered then shut door and the drain started. Would the defective control panel also cause the detergent door not to open or is that a separate issue? Thank you so much for your help.

Jeff

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Would the defective control panel also cause the detergent door not to open or is that a separate issue?
That's a separate issue.

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, get into the diagnostics mode and at Interval 12 is when you should get 120 volts at the detergent dispenser electrical connector. All I do is remove the electrical connector from the detergent dispenser and put my meter probes in that electrical connector and watch the meter to read 120 volts in INTERVAL 12.

If you get 120 volts and the dispenser is not opening, then the dispenser is bad too.

Here's the detergent dispenser assembly for your model:
WPW10195175 Dispenser

Jake

Attachments

• techsheet-w10130990-revc.pdf
    262.5 KB · Views: 32

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.