• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Dishwasher Model #KUDC10IXSS3 NOT FILLING

owsbrien

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDC10IXSS3
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello!

I'm at my wits end with my dishwasher, it hasn't been filling for about a month and I feel like I've scoured the internet for every solution. I've checked the latch and float solendoids and replaced the water inlet valve as well as the control board. I know the line is getting water to it and when I fill the dishwasher with water manually it works fine. What am I missing here? Thank you for any help in advance

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you check UNDERNEATH your float first? To make sure nothing was preventing it from dropping all the way down to signal the float switch to put water in?

Here's the float for your model:
Float WPW10195036

When you click the link to the float you will see a video of how to remove it.:)

If nothing is underneath the float You should be getting 120 volts to the float switch AND water inlet valve for the water to fill. Are you getting 120 volts at the float switch when it should be filling?

You will need a multimeter for volt and ohm testing. Also check for any broken wires from the control board to the float switch and water inlet valve. I know you said you replaced all those parts already, but a broken wire would also cause this issue, that's why a multimeter is a must.:)

How to use a multimeter to test video.

This is how it works:
When it DOESN'T fill with water, you will need to check for 120 volts at the electrical connector that attaches to the water inlet valve. If your meter DOESN'T read 120 volts when it should be filling, first remove your tub float to make sure there isn't a foreign object underneath it or gunk buildup underneath it.

If you find nothing underneath it, next check your float switch.

Here's the float switch for your model, when you click the link to it you will see 2 videos, 1 on how to access it, 1 on how to ohm test it:

If your float and float switch are good, and you get 120 volts at the water inlet valve electrical connector, when you first start a new cycle, then that means the water inlet valve is the culprit.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model(Video Included):
WPW10327249 Water Inlet Valve

Jake

owsbrien

Premium Member
Thank you for the reply Jake!

I replaced the water inlet valve already and the control board but when I put a rinse cycle on the valve only gets 2 volts and the float switch gets about 80 volts. Could it be the wire from the control board to the valve?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, check for a wire break between the control board and the float switch and water inlet valve.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.