• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid Dishwasher Noise - Pump Replaced....but still loud grinding noise

ACW3

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDC10FXSS1
Brand
KitchenAid
New to the forum and grateful to find it based on what I've been reading. I have a KitchenAid Dishwasher that starting making humming noise that progressively got louder. After doing some research I cleaned out the chopper blade area but the noise continued....replaced the circulation pump....and now I have a very loud grinding noise and the dishes are not cleaning. I'm wondering if the plastic gear part of the chopper assembly might be stripped some and not fully engaging with the motor/pump...I need some help or advise please. Hopefully you can hear the video

Last edited:

ACW3

Premium Member
It wasn't this loud before....just a loud buzzing noise. Bought pump from Genuine Replacment Parts out of Florida. Looks to be an original Whirlpool product.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its easy to find out if its the new wash(circulation) motor you got is making that noise, or the chopper screen assembly is making that noise.

Just go back in it and remove the chopper screen assembly, then start the dishwasher and see if that noise is still present or not.:)

If not, then your chopper screen assembly is bad.

Here's the chopper screen assembly for your model:
Food Chopper Assembly W10083957V

Here's the wash(circulation) motor assembly for your model:
WPW10757217 Circulation Motor

Jake

ACW3

Premium Member
Thanks SO much Jake! I did exactly as you instructed and the chopper assembly is the problem! Really appreciate the great info, the links and your support of those of us who are DIYers. Have a great one!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help.:)

Jake