• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Dishwasher starts and stops

nolvar

Premium Member
Model Number
not listed
Brand
KitchenAid
Dishwasher sounds like it starts and a pump possibly starts but doesn't seem to be filling all the way as there is just a little water when you open the door after it self cancels but doesn't go through a drain cycle. If you push the cancel drain button it will drain the little water that is visible.

When I run the diagnostics I get error codes as follows: 10-1 6-4 6-6 5-1. I've checked for continuity on the float valve switch and it looks good and the float moves freely. Opening and closing the door will stop or restart so I am assuming the door switch is ok.

The water running to it is warm at water heater temp. Unfortunately I do not know the model number, it was an open box buy that had a leaky tub and when it was replaced it doesn't look like the model number sticker was included. I have attached a picture of the controls and the number imprinted on the door.

Attachments

• 20220410_172127.jpg
    20220410_172127.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220410_173545.jpg
    20220410_173545.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 29

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

We would need the model number first, the model number tag is located inside the door on the tub frame.

Click here: Appliance Parts

Then you will see a link that says: How to find a model number.

Jake

nolvar

Premium Member
Unfortunately when the dishwasher was new the main tub had a leak and the factory technician that was sent out replaced the tub without the model number tag. I totally understand that without the model number it might not be possible to find an answer, but thank you for your response.

nolvar

Premium Member
I did find a sticker on the top of the door that lists this number w10502126a, does that help?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope, that's a part number.

KitchenAid dishwashers start with 4 letters first like: KUDC10FXSS5

Jake