• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid dual fuel range KDRS467VSS01 convection fan never shuts off

wperrette

Premium Member
Model Number
KDRS467VSS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Just what the title says. The oven is about 8 years old, this started yesterday. We used the oven in convection mode yesterday and noticed several hours later the fan was still running. I shut the breaker to the oven last night, turned it on again today and the fan starts right up. There are no error codes and the oven is still operational. The convection fan is stuck on.

I took a look at the control board and the wiring i could see and didn't see any glaring burnt wires or loose connections. Any thoughts on what this could be or the proper trouble shooting steps?

Thanks,

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

KDRS467VSS is just a partial model number, we need the complete model number.

Click here: Appliance Parts

Then you will see a link that says: How to find a model number.

Here's the results I get:
KDRS467VSS00
KDRS467VSS01
KDRS467VSS03
KDRS467VSS04
KDRS467VSS05

Jake

wperrette

Premium Member
That is the model number. In the manual it is actually listed as KDRS467. I think vss is just for stainless steel. It is in their commercial style series.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You will need to read it from the model number tag on the machine.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Perfect!

The part you will need to fix it is called the appliance manager, it's the main motherboard.

It can be accessed by taking off the kick plate on the front of range and removing two screws from the frame on the right hand side of the oven, the board will slide out in a stainless steel tray, very easy to access. Unplug or disconnect power to the range first before replacing the appliance manager.

Here's the appliance manager your model: WPW10116185

Jake

wperrette

Premium Member
I took a look at the board and didn’t see any loose or burnt looking connections. It is a $300+ part, do you know if there is a way to confirm the board is the issue? Continuity checks on connections or something?

Thanks for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the convection fan relay on the appliance manager is stuck closed causing it to ALWAYS stay running.

On the appliance manage P8-1 and P8-3 is what you will want to take a continuity test on after you remove the appliance manager from the machine. Unplug or disconnect power to the range first before removing the appliance manager.

Jake