• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kitchenaid electric convection oven KEBS109BSS00 Error Code F3E0 & clicking

dougefresh

Premium Member
Model Number
KEBS109BSS00
Brand
KitchenAid
I have an electric Kitchenaid convection oven (model# KEBS109BSS00) that starts having clicking noises when at or above 400 deg F on Bake. Generally the oven continues to go to it’s required temp (ex. 425 deg) and continues to heat. Today it went to 425 for 10 minutes and then started to click for the next 10 minutes. I also sometime get the Error Code F3E0 after the clicking, not always. I’m not able to tell if this is a temperature sensor issue or something else.

Your help and recommendations are greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Error Code_F3E0.jpg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Error Code F3E0
Remove power from the machine. Slide the oven out from its installation about 6" and remove the top panel so you can access the oven appliance manager. Disconnect the P2 connector and measure the resistance between P2-1 and P2-2. The oven sensor should show about 1100 Ω at room temperature.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

dougefresh

Premium Member
Jake,
I'll have to find a link to how to remove the instl hardware etc to be able to pull the oven out from under the counter, then I'll try and do as rickgburton suggested above. Replacing the control board is pretty spendy, so hopefully if i replace that the problem will be fixed. Due to other stuff going on, I'm not sure if I'll get to this as soon as I would like.

If you have any further suggestions or help video links that would be appreciated. Thank you.

rickgburton

Staff member
..... how to remove the instl hardware etc to be able to pull the oven out from under the counter.....
Open the door and there's two screws, one on each side.

dougefresh

Premium Member
I wasn't able to find any videos or diagrams to identify the connectors and what they connect to [Disconnect the P2 connector and measure the resistance between P2-1 and P2-2] as suggested above. Rick or Jake, do you have any videos or diagrams that could help with this? The oven does function in Bake mode up to about 400deg F, so it’s still somewhat functional…for now. I wonder if this could be the temperature sensor (oven sensor) and hopefully not the control board.

Here are a couple of videos I found that show how to pull the oven out to access the Oven Appliance Manager & control board.

Does the oven need to be fully pulled out to remove the Appliance Manager cover (which I assume the Oven Appliance Manager = Electronic Control Board?)
Thanks.

rickgburton

Staff member
I wasn't able to find any videos or diagrams to identify the connectors ........ oven need to be fully pulled out to remove the Appliance Manager cover
Once you access the appliance manager, the connectors are marked on the board along with the first and last pin numbers. P2-1 and P2-2 is the oven sensor. You should also find the tech sheet and wiring diagram stored under the top panel. The wiring diagram will show you the board connectors.