KitchenAid fills with water. Wash light blinks. Chopper cover removal help too!

ozofoe

Premium Member
I have a KitchAid KUDM01TJBT1. I have power to the control panel, and unit fills with water. When it tries to go into the wash sequence, the wash/power/and options light blink. The washer pauses, and then gives it another shot. It will continue in this loop until I cancel. It has started washing for a couple of minutes, and then quit.

It seemed like a short in the wire, so I reconnected the main power cord. Didn't resolve. A lot of forums talk about "thermal fuses". Is my washer a candidate? Any help is greatly appreciated.<O:p

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You have a short in your control panel assembly, you will need a new one.

What color is yours?

Here is a new one for your model you can order, if yours is black:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Touchpad and control panel assembly, black[/FONT]​

Jake

ozofoe

Premium Member
I got a new control panel with keypad and the brain box behind it, did not resolve. I think the dishwasher stops when it tries to start the pump it uses for the wash cycle. That pump is probably what I'll repace next. Sound like a good idea, or am I way off? I hope I can fix it soon, I hate doing dishes.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thats odd, that control panel/touchpad assembly should of fixed it. I have fixed many of these models with the same symptoms of yours.

It sounds like more of a technical issue, I would hate to see you keep replacing parts, I would check for something that could be stuck in your chopper screen area, as described here:
http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/showthread.php?t=124

Jake

ozofoe

Premium Member
Trouble removing shield

I can't budge the inlet shileld. Part # 8 on the diagram. I took the screw out located on the left side of the shield, and a screw going through part 9. The flat (part 9) protector lifted out easily, but the dome shaped shield won't budge. Is there a trick to removing part 8?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes

Do you see the little notch at the very top of #8? Get a flathead screwdriver and tap that towards the right, then it will come off.

Jake

Blankmonkey

Premium Member
WHere did you get this picture from, this is what I think I need to work on mine, but I can't seem to get the manual