• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid Fridge KRMF706ESS01 Ice Maker not making ice

jhickey

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi- Thanks so much in advance for helping with these sorts of problems. This is the first time I have run diagnostic tests on a refrigerator, so I am still learning.

Everything has been working great on this unit since we picked it up at a scratch and dent sale in 2017. About 10 days ago, however, it just suddenly stopped making ice.

I will say we have had unusually humid weather for September during the same time period and we have not been running AC in the house as we typically would be during the humid summer months.
I dont know if this has anything to do with anything, but thought I would mention it.

I ran the following two tests.

56 - Ice maker Error Codes. E2- Motor Lost Position
59 - Ice Maker Motor. Times out after a couple min and just blinks 02 (0=Motor OFF, 2=Harvesting Not Completed)

What would be my next step?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Check for obstructions in the ice maker rake arm keeping it from dumping ice properly and causing the motor to lose position.

Here's the ice maker for your model: W11294907 Icemaker

This video shows you how to access it:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

jhickey

Premium Member
Thanks- no obstruction found. I ordered a new icemaker. I left the old one out of the fridge for now (wont have the new icemanker for a few days) with all the harnesses disconnected.

Ever since it has been out, and disconnected, the undershelf lights have been blinking on and off. Is this just because the whole assembly is still disconnected? Thanks.

jhickey

Premium Member
Just closing the loop... new icemaker arrived today and I have installed it. Diagnostics test good and all interior lights have returned to normal. :)(y)
I guess we just wait to see if it makes ice, but I am guessing it will.
Thanks for the help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that new ice maker should do very well now.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake